|The purpose of the Governance Committee is strategic, tactical and oversight in nature.|
Chair: Ann Walsh
Members: Ann Parkhurst & Barbara Tolve-Silver
Primary responsibilities include;
• Ensure that all appropriate policies are in place and approved by the Board including conflict of interest, gift acceptance and financial policies.
• Create a board member job description fully detaining expectations of all board members
• Maintain organizational by laws that are reviewed no less than every four years.
• Ensure that the mission and vision of the Council is reviewed no less than ever three years by the Board.
• Identify potential new board members on an ongoing basis.
• Serve as the nominating committee and recommend a slate of officers for Board approval every two years.
• Provide orientation for new board members as they join.
• Maintain formal records of the Board including member’s tenure, bylaws, policies, articles of incorporation and the like.
• Conduct a board skills assessment and satisfaction survey on an annual basis
Goals for 2012
1. Serve as 2012 Nominating Committee, produce slate of officers.
2. Establish New Member Packet/Orientation Kit.
3. Clearly define roles of ex officio and member emeritus.
4. Define current member tenure.
5. Meet 4 6 times this year.
Long Terms Goals (five years)
1. Review By-laws annually for completeness and accuracy.
2. Conduct skills assessment of membership.
What "skills" do we have?
What "skills" do we need?