The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be passionate about helping others, bring best practices in office administration and be well organized and detailed
The administrative assistant’s schedule will vary and will include hours at the WF&FB office located at the L.P. Wilson Community Center as well as attendance at monthly Board meetings. In addition, there
may be times when the assistant will be called upon to support evening or weekend events or meetings.
Duties are varied and may include:
• Providing excellent customer service by answering incoming calls to the WF&FB phone line and
effectively directing callers to the appropriate resource.
• Providing regular office support to include coordination of mailings, office management,
managing and responding to WF&FB cell phone calls and email, picking up and managing mail
received in the post office box, and coordinating and supporting Food Bank collection activities
• Providing scheduling support for all WF&FB Board meetings and sub-committee meetings.
• Maintaining donor and contribution databases to ensure accurate recording of relevant donor
information and contributions with support from the WF&FB Treasurer and accountant.
• Preparing and sending “Thank You” notes to all WF&FB donors in a timely manner.
• Supporting the WF&FB Annual Appeal mailing process to include coordination and printing of
• Depositing all donations received by the WF&FB, Weekend Wheels and other programs.
• Managing WF&FB website in conjunction with the Communications sub-committee.
• Assisting the Development sub-committee in grant research, writing and management.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Required Experience: Previous experience as an administrative professional preferred and/or relevant work experience. Computer and Microsoft Office experience.
Submit resume and references to:
Windsor Food & Fuel Bank
P.O. Box 854
Windsor, CT 06095
Phone: (860) 683-4199